Google Expeditions is an immersive learning and teaching tool that lets you go on VR trips or explore AR objects. Explore historical landmarks, go down to the atomic level, get up close with sharks, even visit outer space!
In the classroom or with groups, Google Expeditions allows a teacher acting as a “guide” to lead classroom-sized groups of “explorers” through VR tours or show them AR objects. Guides can use a set of tools to point out interesting things along the way.
Users that are not in groups can also explore on their own either in VR or AR.
• Explore a world of places and things on your own with your phone, tablet, or VR device.
• Guide classroom-sized groups of locally connected users from your phone or tablet.
• Join a guide in immersive AR or VR and let them walk you through one of our hundreds of VR or AR Expeditions. VR mode can be used with a Google Cardboard or Daydream viewer.
• Connect devices over the same WiFi network – if the Guide has downloaded some Expeditions, there is no internet connectivity required to run the Expedition!
• Choose from a growing list of over 800 Expeditions – each one is a curated set of VR imagery or AR objects along with integrated descriptions, talking points and questions.